Saturday, February 6, 2010

A funny encounter

A few days back, i went to a lab with internet facility in the college. As in all the colleges, footwear has to be left outside. I was engrossed in a work for about 4 or 5 hours and when i came outside, found my footwear missing. The people working there helped me to search it, but our search was in vain. "Somebody has stolen it", they said. 

There werent any shops nearby .  I was startled as to what to do. 
I thought, "What would have been  the situation if the footwears werent invented????".... Then i started walking towards the bus stop bare footed with people on the way giving me odd glances.... Reached hostel bare footed only...
Just imagine how much importance we give to our appearance and attire... 

I was relating this incident to a classmate and she said,"Youre great da... Had it been me, i would have called my father up and would have made a big fuss"...  And then only did i realize that i have managed the situation in the way it had to be...  I think this is one among the rare situations which i have handled thoughtfully...

Though i had missed my favorite pair of footwear ( which was stitched by the cobbler whom i had described in my second post in this blog  ), this incident made me realize my tendency of not caring too much about what others would think about my attire...  and a little happy about it...

4 comments:

  1. nice postings pa. Keep writing more!

    Find my scribbling at:

    http://encounter-ekambaram-ips.blogspot.com/

    keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this made me laugh :)when i realized that "a classmate" u mentioned here was none other than me..:)
    Really u managed that situation well..

    Have to learn a lot of managing skills from u..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you have told is right. Most of the people live a fake life just for the reson of what the third person might think about them,

    ReplyDelete

Pages