Friday, May 6, 2011

Curtains of M.E ring down...

       A recap of my two years at Chennai Anna University returns a medley of frames - happy ones, morose ones, awkward ones, funny ones. Whatever may be the adjective it bears, each frame carries with it a lesson which had metamorphosed me to a better individual.

        The first year @ CEG was the most difficult. New place, a superb(!!!) hostel-I with inmates being stacked like sardines, ever bustling adyar, 3 semesters which made me experience the meaning of the word "hectic", spacious room at hostel-II with only assignments and books for company - felt like a lost child. Too much for a small town creature who reserved studying to the nights before the exams.

        Our class had a great time in Dr.V.Umamaheshwari's "Security Principles" classes during semester-3. Needless to say, she is a phenomenal teacher. The list doesn't get closed with her alone!!! So, let me share about my favorite teachers in a post exclusively for them. Only a little can be said about my "involvement" in the three papers we had during that semester(courtesy:- malarial attack-3 :-/. I think i hold the record for the maximum number of long leaves in my class :P).  

         I must thank god for granting me a course, about which i didn't know anything before conversing with another student at the counselling hall. And this course let me work in a project which was "my kind" of stuff - poem, lyric and all. It was an alluring job for someone whose ears are glued to headphones almost always. Most of my nights went sleepless with me and my laptop going "LaaLaLaa"(tats my project title) :). Though it seemed like i was blindfolded in the beginning, god gave me the determination - "i have to get it done by myself - no matter what the result is going to be". All the reviews - right from the zeroth to the final viva of Phase-II, were disasters which left me stupefied. In-spite of the numerous "mokkais" received,  i harbor the satisfaction of having done something worthwhile. I had come a long way from that lass who struggled to understand the base paper to the one who had published two papers in international conferences( little proud about it :) ). I extend my profound sense of gratitude to my guide Dr.Madhan Karky for having been encouraging and  patient with my trivial questions. Thank you sir :)

         Coming to the other side of the coin, we enjoyed that trip to MGM and the final meet up @ Elliots beach. They were breaks from monotony which brought out the child in us  - made dormant forcibly at Anna University. And those funny moments i shared with Meena akka et al are unforgettable. Im surely going to miss those tea breaks, CPDE hall arattais, walks to the canteen during which "Ms.Shobana - The Great" was made the crux of our jokes, lunch with friends, long night walks with Athira chechi, santhome beach, Sai baba temple, privacy violations by Warden sister etc... I express my heartfelt appreciations to Athira chechi for having been a tolerant listener of my non-stop nonsense ;)... Above all, im going to miss that greatest feeling which is felt  only by sleeping stealthily during lectures... OMG, im not a student anymore :(...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both side of coin is always same worthable one.. just like... dear...
    lifeaa jolly dhan...

    ReplyDelete

Pages